CFMG Etiquette Reminders
As I was doing my daily affiliate blog cruising, I saw that one of my fellow affiliates had put up some etiquette guidelines for their gym. Since we have grown significantly within the last year, and welcomed so many new people into our community, I decided that now is a good time for some CFMG Etiquette Reminders. This list was created by your coaches, fellow members, and myself.
1) If you finish the WOD before someone, do not just break down your equipment and hang out—cheer for your fellow athletes! Just because someone is not finished yet does not mean they are not working hard, and your encouragement is just what they need to help them finish.
2) Always clean up and put away your equipment when you are done. The CFMG Coaching staff works hard to keep things organized and in one place. Yes, even that foam roller and bench need to go back where you found them. If the bathrooms are missing anything, please let us know so we can restock it.
3) If you show up late for class, please let the coach know if you will be joining the class or waiting for the next one. We want to be able to help you get warmed up quickly so that you can join the class, but we cannot help you if we do not know what your intentions are.
Along the same lines, please make your coach aware of any injury you have, or if you plan on modifying your workout. There is nothing worse for a coach than to shout 3, 2, 1, GO! and see someone perform a movement or completely different WOD than what is prescribed. Your coach is there to help you, and make sure that you are executing the movements correctly and making a proper substitution(s).
4) Chalk is for your hands. If you use it to track your score on the ground, please clean it up. Chalk creates a mess when using it on your hands, but it creates an even bigger mess when your use it to write on the floor. We have dry-erase boards and plenty of dry-erase markers that we prefer you use to keep track of your score.
5) If someone if lifting, kipping, swinging, jumping, running, etc., it is probably not a good idea to walk in front of or sit near them. For their safety and your own, give your fellow athlete some space! We have improved the athlete lounge for people to foam roll and hang out before/after WODS, without getting in the way of those who are working out in the main WOD area or strength room.
6) When re-stacking the bumper plates, take an extra second to stack them neatly. Do not create your own version of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Each plate is labeled with its weight and should be stacked with similar plates.
7) Once you choose your area to train/WOD in, do not switch it mid-workout. Taking someone's pull-up bar space and/or equipment is not cool. Use the time prior to the WOD to figure out where everyone is going to be working out.
8) We are kid and dog friendly at CFMG, but we ask that your child and/or dogs behave themselves. Excessive noise, making a mess, and destruction of CFMG property can really put a damper on our training environment. Please make sure your children/dogs are not in the way of other athletes or playing on the equipment during the WOD. Also, please remember to clean any messes your dog or child creates.
9) If you are sick in any way, PLEASE stay home. This is a gym and we share equipment. Germs travel very easily here at CFMG. If you pop a blister or rip your hands on the pullup bar or barbell, please remember to wipe it down after use.
10) CFMG is a family. Treat your fellow CrossFitters like you would your own family. Help people breakdown their equipment, especially if they had a particularly hard time during the WOD. If someone new shows up, introduce yourself and make him or her feel a part of our family. Everyone, beginner to advanced, deserves the same level of respect.
Dim lights Embed Embed this video on your site
As I said above, these are just friendly reminders on how to conduct yourself while at CFMG. We want to create the best possible training atmosphere, and with your help we can do this.
Foundations Session #3 meets tomorrow 6pm-7pm
The 31 Heroes WOD happens this Saturday, all are welcome to participate
The 2012 LCI workouts will be released this Sunday (Aug. 5) at 10am
SWOD: Snatch 4/4/3/3/3 (your first working set should be done at 65% or more of your 1RM)
9 Overhead squats (135#/95#)
7 Overhead squats
5 Overhead squats
*10 min cap