2012 Rumble in Paradise Competitors,
We are less than a week out from the 2012 Rumble in Paradise hosted by CrossFit Elysium. You all have been training very hard, and I know your coaches are just as excited to see your performance as you are. Here are a few thoughts on what to do the week leading up to the competition.
Be sure to eat clean this week. You want your body fueled with the best possible fuel. Continue with your Paleo, Zone, Whole 30, etc. eating habits for the week. Stay away from foods that are typically foreign from your diet, as this may cause some unwanted negative effects. Also, it would be beneficial for you to start thinking about what foods you want to have with you the day of the event. Proper Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance!
We encourage you to continue training, but in an intelligent manner. It is not really in your best interest to do heavy 1/2/3...RM testing, benchmark WOD testing, running/rowing time trials, or anything that is extremely metabolically demanding or is going to make you sore. As strange as it sounds, think about moving through a couple of WODs this week at about 70-75% effort. You have already built a solid foundation to compete with, and chances are you are not going to make any huge gains this week conditioning and strength wise that will help you perform better for the Rumble. It would be in your best interest, rather, to focus your training efforts on the Rumble movements that are your weakest, but again, keep in mind that you have already built your strength and conditioning foundation.
About two to three days out from the Rumble, you may want to stop strength and conditioning training all together, depending on how well you have been recovering. Those couple of days leading up to the event can be spent doing soft tissue work (foam rolling, massage, etc.), a “light” WOD, and some mobility work. Even going through a light 15-20 min warm up would be a good idea, just to get blood flowing and to increase your heart rate. Here is an example of what you can do:
• 5-8 min light jog/row
• 6-10 min mobility work
• 5-8 min skill work
• 5-8 min “light” WOD (moving at 70%, using lighter load or no load at all)
• 6-10 min soft tissue work and/or static stretching
The CFMG Community is very proud of all of our competitors, and we know you will represent us well. Keep in mind that we are guests at CrossFit Elysium. I personally expect you all to be ambassadors for CFMG, practice good sportsmanship, and to complete with 100% effort. At the end of the day, remember that everyone competing is a part of a much bigger community than just the one within our Affiliate, we are all CrossFitters! - Ian
- We are currently taking pre-orders for CFMG Hoodies: Deadline to order has been extended to Monday Dec. 3rd. Please order from our online store. Click HERE for more details. We now have more color options and styles!
- We will have different hours this weekend due to the 2012 Rumble in Paradise. Saturday we will hold only the 8am, 9am, and 10am free WOD, no Noon class. Sunday we will hold open gym (9am-11am).
- Rumble Competitors, please checkout the updated info about the event this weekend. We will also be meeting this Thursday (11/29) at 6pm for a team meeting. If you can make it please come in. It should only last about 30 min.
- Save the date: CFMG 2012 Ugly Holiday Sweater WOD & Potluck. Saturday Dec. 22 at 10am.
Momma Maria Getting her WOD done as Sophia and Baby Cruz look on
A1) Push-press 6/4/3/3/3 (your sets of three should be at 80% or more of your 1RM)
A2) Strict pull-ups Max unbroken reps x 5 sets (post total amount of reps for all sets)
AMRAP in 5 min
10 KB Swings (70#/53#)
Rest 2 min
AMRAP in 5 min