You Know You Are a CrossFit Parent When:
- You have picked your children up from school wearing oly shoes and knee socks on more than one occasion.
- You tell your child that you will be at his school reading group the next day, and he asks you to “please shower before you come,” so that, for once, you are not “stinky or sweaty” when you help in class.
- Your kids can eat their weight in bacon.
- Your kids take joy rides on the prowler (preferably pushed by someone else).
- You share your children’s love for adventure, play, and pure joy in movement. You find yourself wondering right along with your child if you could “jump that high,” “climb that tree,” “pull yourself up onto that wall,” or “pick up that heavy thing.”
- When you are at a birthday party that involves trampolines, swimming pools, laser tag, or gymnastics, you do not sit on the side and chat with the other parents…you join right in along with the kids!
- Your child complains that his gym teacher does not do “real” pushups, because his “chest never hits the deck.”
- You beam with pride when you look across the gym during a workout, and your child executes a pretty awesome PVC pipe snatch.
- At the “Jump Rope for your Heart” event at school, you find yourself doing double unders on the playground.
- You go grocery shopping, and your child shouts over to you, “Hey mommy! Check it out!” and completes a perfect thruster with a watermelon (thankfully!)
- Your CrossFit gym loves, accepts, celebrates, and cares for your children like their own family. Your children are comfortable playing/chatting with the members and coaches, and cheering on athletes during WODs. Your kids are part of a unique environment where strength is celebrated, goals are set and made, and hard work, dedication, and healthy living is carried out on a daily basis (and it is not so strange to eat kale and chicken for lunch).
3 rounds for time
8 Muscle-ups (sub = 10 CTB Pull-ups)