The 2012 LCI workouts will be released this Sunday (Aug. 5) at 10am
The AM vs PM Challenge starts this Friday! We will be changing the day we do the AM vs PM Challenge WOD each week. We would like to give everyone an opportunity to participate, and we realize that some of you do not train on Fridays. Our plan is to give you at least 24 hours notice as to which day the AM vs PM challenge WOD will happen. Good Luck Teams!
SWOD: Deadlift 3/3/3/3/3 (your first working set should be done at 75% or more of your 1RM) Then,
A1) GHD back ext. 10/10/10/10 (use weight if needed)
As I was doing my daily affiliate blog cruising, I saw that one of my fellow affiliates had put up some etiquette guidelines for their gym. Since we have grown significantly within the last year, and welcomed so many new people into our community, I decided that now is a good time for some CFMG Etiquette Reminders. This list was created by your coaches, fellow members, and myself.
1) If you finish the WOD before someone, do not just break down your equipment and hang out—cheer for your fellow athletes! Just because someone is not finished yet does not mean they are not working hard, and your encouragement is just what they need to help them finish.
2) Always clean up and put away your equipment when you are done. The CFMG Coaching staff works hard to keep things organized and in one place. Yes, even that foam roller and bench need to go back where you found them. If the bathrooms are missing anything, please let us know so we can restock it.
3) If you show up late for class, please let the coach know if you will be joining the class or waiting for the next one. We want to be able to help you get warmed up quickly so that you can join the class, but we cannot help you if we do not know what your intentions are.
Along the same lines, please make your coach aware of any injury you have, or if you plan on modifying your workout. There is nothing worse for a coach than to shout 3, 2, 1, GO! and see someone perform a movement or completely different WOD than what is prescribed. Your coach is there to help you, and make sure that you are executing the movements correctly and making a proper substitution(s).
4) Chalk is for your hands. If you use it to track your score on the ground, please clean it up. Chalk creates a mess when using it on your hands, but it creates an even bigger mess when your use it to write on the floor. We have dry-erase boards and plenty of dry-erase markers that we prefer you use to keep track of your score.
5) If someone if lifting, kipping, swinging, jumping, running, etc., it is probably not a good idea to walk in front of or sit near them. For their safety and your own, give your fellow athlete some space! We have improved the athlete lounge for people to foam roll and hang out before/after WODS, without getting in the way of those who are working out in the main WOD area or strength room.
6) When re-stacking the bumper plates, take an extra second to stack them neatly. Do not create your own version of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Each plate is labeled with its weight and should be stacked with similar plates.
7) Once you choose your area to train/WOD in, do not switch it mid-workout. Taking someone's pull-up bar space and/or equipment is not cool. Use the time prior to the WOD to figure out where everyone is going to be working out.
8) We are kid and dog friendly at CFMG, but we ask that your child and/or dogs behave themselves. Excessive noise, making a mess, and destruction of CFMG property can really put a damper on our training environment. Please make sure your children/dogs are not in the way of other athletes or playing on the equipment during the WOD. Also, please remember to clean any messes your dog or child creates.
9) If you are sick in any way, PLEASE stay home. This is a gym and we share equipment. Germs travel very easily here at CFMG. If you pop a blister or rip your hands on the pullup bar or barbell, please remember to wipe it down after use.
10) CFMG is a family. Treat your fellow CrossFitters like you would your own family. Help people breakdown their equipment, especially if they had a particularly hard time during the WOD. If someone new shows up, introduce yourself and make him or her feel a part of our family. Everyone, beginner to advanced, deserves the same level of respect.
Are you ready for a little friendly inner-box competition? As July draws to a close, we are excited to announce our new “theme” for Fridays during the months of August and September. For approximately 9 weeks (August 3rd- September 28th), we will be holding an AM vs. PM Challenge each Friday for the WOD.
The AM teamwill consist of the 6:30am, open gym, ladies only,8:30am, and Noon, and the PM teamwill consist of 4pm, 5pm, and 6pm classes. You are encouraged to compete with the team whose classes you normally attend on a Friday; however, we understand that this is not always possible. Your score will count toward which ever class/team you “play” on that day. If there is any confusion, at the end of the competition, we will consider the team you “played” on most often out of the nine Fridays as your team.
Each Friday for nine weeks, all the classes will perform an AM VS. PM WOD, with each individual’s final score totaling a number (either an AMRAP or time). At the end of the day, we will take an average of each team’s scores/times. The team with the highest average/lowest time is that week’s winner. The team with the most “wins” over the course of the nine weeks will be considered the winner of the AM vs. PM Competition.
Please perform the Friday WODS as you normally would (RXed or scaled), with a weight that is challenging. There will be no scaling workouts if you normally could perform the WOD/movements as prescribed, in order to receive higher points for your teams. Remember, as your coaches, we know ALL of your abilities and capabilities and we will keep you honest!
As an incentive, each Friday, the team with the highest number of athletes participating in the WOD for the day will be awarded the opportunity to eliminate the highest score of the opposing team for that day, so do not let your team down—participate!
The winning team of the AM vs. PM Competition will receive a party/BBQ hosted by the losing team on the Saturday after the AM vs. PM Competition ends, on September 29th. This party can be at CFMG or any other place you choose, as long as the losing team collectively hosts the winning team. At this party, the winning team will be presented with a trophy/plaque, which will hang in the athlete’s lounge. We hope to make this a CFMG tradition, and intend to make additions to this trophy as we host this competition every year. Lastly, as a prize, the winning team will receive privilege to create a WOD, which will be utilized in CFMG programming (subject, of course, to Coach Ian’s “executive privileges”). It is up to the winning teams to organize together in order to collectively create this WOD
We are really excited to bring you this event, and can’t wait to see everyone engaging in a little friendly competition these next 9 weeks. Your team needs you! - Betsy
Gary with Coach B!
SWOD: Thrusters 4/4/4/4/4 (your first set should be done at 70% or more of your 1RM)
In teams of two:
AMRAP in 8 min
4 Front squats (185#/135#)
6 KB Swings (70#/53#)
*One partner completes a full round of front squats, KB swings, and sit-ups while the other partner is doing burpees. Your score will be the total amount of burpees completed by both partners. If in a group of three, have two people doing burpees while one person completes a round.
For those of you interested in participating in the 30 Day Paleo Challenge, we have decided to set-up our own CFMG Paleo Challenge. Betsy is working on setting up something good for you all. Rumor has it there may even be a grocery store field trip! That being said we are probably not going to start on Aug 1st due to all the planning that still has to happen. I'm sure that we will start this challenge soon but in the meantime you can start to prepare yourself by reading the following link.
Main Site Friday!
We are going to be announcing next month's theme soon!
*We realize that we haven't practiced the alternating leg split snatches or even just split snatches . We will practice it today but for those of you who haven't executed a split split snatch before we suggest you don't alternate legs.
5 Year Anniversary WOD! 9am class only
In teams of 2:
-5 Rounds For Time-
10 Hang Cleans (135#/95#)
9 Bar Muscle-Ups (sub = 9 strict pull-ups)
One partner works at a time until both partners have finished 5 rounds each.
Don't miss the CrossFit Mission Gorge's 5 Year Anniversary Party on Saturday, November 22nd at...
A1) Strict Press 3/3/3/3
A2) Weighted Bar Dips 10/10/10/10
150 Wall Balls (20#/14#)
How Medical Care Is Being Corrupted
Grindin' Out Wall Balls
5 Tips For Women New To Lifting
Paleo Magazine's 2014 AIP Thanksgiving Meal Plan
Upcoming Events at CFMG
Do you want a CFMG Hoody? Click HERE to pre-order yours today! We will be offering...
Squat Snatch, build up to a 3RM (you do not have to “touch and go” this week)
A1) Sled Drags x 4 sets
A2) Barbell Romanian Deadlifts 5/5/5/5
Thanksgiving Recipes Across The United States
US Army Applies CrossFit To Prevent Injuries
4 Things You Don't Know You're Doing That Sabotage Your Performance
Upcoming Events at...
Skill: Handstand Walking
10 Strict Handstand Push-ups
20 KB Overhead Walking Lunges (Switch arms as needed) (53#/35#)
30 Unbroken Double Unders (sub = 90 single unders)
AMRAP in 15 Minutes
GQ Man Of The Year On Paleo Diet
The Cost Of Getting Lean: Is It Worth The Trade-Off?
Kombucha: Is It Really Good For...
Power Clean|Front Squat|Split Jerk, 3|2|1 x 4 sets
KB Swing (70#)
Burpee Box Jump-Overs (24”)
Acute Effects Of Self Myofascial Release Using A Foam Roller
Leg Presses Before Cycling: 6% Faster Over 20K
Can Steak Save The Planet?
Upcoming Events at CFMG
Do you want a CFMG Hoody? Click HERE to pre-order yours today! We will...
AMRAP in 8 Minutes
3 Hang Power Snatch (135#/95#)
Rest 3 Minutes
-4 Rounds for Time-
10 Single Arm KB Push-Press (53#/35#)
The Russells: Do Push-Ups Like A Girl
Three Recipes To Get Your Kids Excited About Vegetables
CrossFit Brought Me Back To Life
For Modern Women, "Lady-Like" Means Strong And Sporty
Stupid Easy Paleo Seminar with Stephanie Gaudreau 10:30am-12:30pm
(There will be no 10am Free Beginner Class or 11am Class)
30 Wall Balls (20#/14#)
60 Double Unders (Sub = 120 Single Unders)
6 Rope Climbs
30 OHS (95#/65#)
60 Double Unders (Sub = 120 Single Unders)
Grain Free Apple Pie
The Pivotal Role Food Plays...
Build up to a heavy touch and go 3RM Power Clean
OTMEM for 10 Minutes
Odd Minutes: 5 Power Cleans (155#/105#) + 6 HSPU
Even Minutes: 5 Strict Press (135#/95#) + 6 Lateral Burpees Over the Bar
Are You Important?
It Don't Mean A Thing If You Ain't Got That Swing
Top Ten Hikes In...
Skill: Squat Therapy
(Main Site WOD from 10/26/14)
50 Air Squats
The Truth About Cast Iron Pots
How To Get Big And Strong Without Becoming A Mess
Upcoming Events at CFMG
Do you want a CFMG Hoody? Click HERE to pre-order yours today! We will be...
Snatch Balance 5/5/5/5/5 (Focus on driving yourself under the bar and not the load.)
A1) Deadlift 4/4/4/4
A2) Weighted Plank Hold, 60 seconds x 4 sets
Americans Are The Unhealthiest Snackers In The World
Tooth Decay And Carbs: Did Our Ancestors Have Better Teeth Than Us?
Inside Of The Entire Human Body
Upcoming Events at...
Happy 239th Birthday, Marine Corps!
Please join us at 5pm to listen to the 2014 USMC Birthday Message from the Commandant and enjoy some birthday cake.
U.S. Marine Corps Major Douglas A.…