This is a Partner WOD – Partner #1 will perform the work listed above. Partner #2 will run 400m with a bumper plate (45#/25#). Once Partner #2 returns from the run, Partner #1 will grab the plate and begin their 400m, while Partner #2 continues work wherever #1 left off.
We will be changing the day we do the AM vs PM Challenge WOD each week. We would like to give everyone an opportunity to participate, and we realize that some of you do not train on Fridays. Our plan is to give you at least 24 hours notice as to which day the AM vs PM challenge WOD will happen. Good Luck Teams!
AMRAP in 20 min
15 Air squats
15 Air squats
*Post total reps completed to the whiteboard. No reps are awarded for the run .
The 2012 LCI workouts will be released this Sunday (Aug. 5) at 10am
The AM vs PM Challenge starts this Friday! We will be changing the day we do the AM vs PM Challenge WOD each week. We would like to give everyone an opportunity to participate, and we realize that some of you do not train on Fridays. Our plan is to give you at least 24 hours notice as to which day the AM vs PM challenge WOD will happen. Good Luck Teams!
SWOD: Deadlift 3/3/3/3/3 (your first working set should be done at 75% or more of your 1RM) Then,
A1) GHD back ext. 10/10/10/10 (use weight if needed)
As I was doing my daily affiliate blog cruising, I saw that one of my fellow affiliates had put up some etiquette guidelines for their gym. Since we have grown significantly within the last year, and welcomed so many new people into our community, I decided that now is a good time for some CFMG Etiquette Reminders. This list was created by your coaches, fellow members, and myself.
1) If you finish the WOD before someone, do not just break down your equipment and hang out—cheer for your fellow athletes! Just because someone is not finished yet does not mean they are not working hard, and your encouragement is just what they need to help them finish.
2) Always clean up and put away your equipment when you are done. The CFMG Coaching staff works hard to keep things organized and in one place. Yes, even that foam roller and bench need to go back where you found them. If the bathrooms are missing anything, please let us know so we can restock it.
3) If you show up late for class, please let the coach know if you will be joining the class or waiting for the next one. We want to be able to help you get warmed up quickly so that you can join the class, but we cannot help you if we do not know what your intentions are.
Along the same lines, please make your coach aware of any injury you have, or if you plan on modifying your workout. There is nothing worse for a coach than to shout 3, 2, 1, GO! and see someone perform a movement or completely different WOD than what is prescribed. Your coach is there to help you, and make sure that you are executing the movements correctly and making a proper substitution(s).
4) Chalk is for your hands. If you use it to track your score on the ground, please clean it up. Chalk creates a mess when using it on your hands, but it creates an even bigger mess when your use it to write on the floor. We have dry-erase boards and plenty of dry-erase markers that we prefer you use to keep track of your score.
5) If someone if lifting, kipping, swinging, jumping, running, etc., it is probably not a good idea to walk in front of or sit near them. For their safety and your own, give your fellow athlete some space! We have improved the athlete lounge for people to foam roll and hang out before/after WODS, without getting in the way of those who are working out in the main WOD area or strength room.
6) When re-stacking the bumper plates, take an extra second to stack them neatly. Do not create your own version of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Each plate is labeled with its weight and should be stacked with similar plates.
7) Once you choose your area to train/WOD in, do not switch it mid-workout. Taking someone's pull-up bar space and/or equipment is not cool. Use the time prior to the WOD to figure out where everyone is going to be working out.
8) We are kid and dog friendly at CFMG, but we ask that your child and/or dogs behave themselves. Excessive noise, making a mess, and destruction of CFMG property can really put a damper on our training environment. Please make sure your children/dogs are not in the way of other athletes or playing on the equipment during the WOD. Also, please remember to clean any messes your dog or child creates.
9) If you are sick in any way, PLEASE stay home. This is a gym and we share equipment. Germs travel very easily here at CFMG. If you pop a blister or rip your hands on the pullup bar or barbell, please remember to wipe it down after use.
10) CFMG is a family. Treat your fellow CrossFitters like you would your own family. Help people breakdown their equipment, especially if they had a particularly hard time during the WOD. If someone new shows up, introduce yourself and make him or her feel a part of our family. Everyone, beginner to advanced, deserves the same level of respect.
Are you ready for a little friendly inner-box competition? As July draws to a close, we are excited to announce our new “theme” for Fridays during the months of August and September. For approximately 9 weeks (August 3rd- September 28th), we will be holding an AM vs. PM Challenge each Friday for the WOD.
The AM teamwill consist of the 6:30am, open gym, ladies only,8:30am, and Noon, and the PM teamwill consist of 4pm, 5pm, and 6pm classes. You are encouraged to compete with the team whose classes you normally attend on a Friday; however, we understand that this is not always possible. Your score will count toward which ever class/team you “play” on that day. If there is any confusion, at the end of the competition, we will consider the team you “played” on most often out of the nine Fridays as your team.
Each Friday for nine weeks, all the classes will perform an AM VS. PM WOD, with each individual’s final score totaling a number (either an AMRAP or time). At the end of the day, we will take an average of each team’s scores/times. The team with the highest average/lowest time is that week’s winner. The team with the most “wins” over the course of the nine weeks will be considered the winner of the AM vs. PM Competition.
Please perform the Friday WODS as you normally would (RXed or scaled), with a weight that is challenging. There will be no scaling workouts if you normally could perform the WOD/movements as prescribed, in order to receive higher points for your teams. Remember, as your coaches, we know ALL of your abilities and capabilities and we will keep you honest!
As an incentive, each Friday, the team with the highest number of athletes participating in the WOD for the day will be awarded the opportunity to eliminate the highest score of the opposing team for that day, so do not let your team down—participate!
The winning team of the AM vs. PM Competition will receive a party/BBQ hosted by the losing team on the Saturday after the AM vs. PM Competition ends, on September 29th. This party can be at CFMG or any other place you choose, as long as the losing team collectively hosts the winning team. At this party, the winning team will be presented with a trophy/plaque, which will hang in the athlete’s lounge. We hope to make this a CFMG tradition, and intend to make additions to this trophy as we host this competition every year. Lastly, as a prize, the winning team will receive privilege to create a WOD, which will be utilized in CFMG programming (subject, of course, to Coach Ian’s “executive privileges”). It is up to the winning teams to organize together in order to collectively create this WOD
We are really excited to bring you this event, and can’t wait to see everyone engaging in a little friendly competition these next 9 weeks. Your team needs you! - Betsy
Gary with Coach B!
SWOD: Thrusters 4/4/4/4/4 (your first set should be done at 70% or more of your 1RM)
In teams of two:
AMRAP in 8 min
4 Front squats (185#/135#)
6 KB Swings (70#/53#)
*One partner completes a full round of front squats, KB swings, and sit-ups while the other partner is doing burpees. Your score will be the total amount of burpees completed by both partners. If in a group of three, have two people doing burpees while one person completes a round.
A1) Bench Press
A2) Dumbbell Rows
B1) GHD Sit-Ups
1:00 x 4 Sets
The Big Problem With BMI
A Squatting Double Standard: Is The Butt Wink OK In Pistols?
Your Phone Is Helping And Hurting Your Weightlifting Technique
4 Rounds for Time:
10 Front Squats (135#/95#)
Have Coca-Cola And PepsiCo Corrupted The Health Sciences?
3 Simple Tips To Stop Hunger On The Paleo Diet
Human Defense System
10 Rounds for Time of:
3 Handstand Push-Ups
6 Deadlifts (225#)
24 Double Unders
U.S. Army First Lieutenant Brian Bradshaw, 24, of Steilacoom, Washington, assigned to the 1st Battalion, 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Airborne Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division, based in Fort Richardson, Alaska, died in Kheyl, Afghanistan, on June...
A1) Banded Shoulder Distraction 1:00/Arm
A2) Partner Posterior Cuff Stretch – Lay supine, bent knees, soles of feet on the ground, go into a hip bridge, hips high, femur congruent with torso angle, place the back of the hands on the lower back, have partner hold down shoulders as you slowly...
SWOD: Overhead Squats: 3/3/3/3/3
Muscle-Ups (Sub = x 2 in pull-ups)
Squat Snatch (135#/95#)
Tribute to Amanda Miller
Weight of the World's Fittest
How To Keep The PRs Rolling
AMRAP in 6 min
10 Squat Cleans (135#/95#)
50 Double Unders (100 single unders)
Rest 5 min
4 rounds for time
5 SDHP (135#/95#)
Free Intro Workout at 10 am
Skill: Air Squat
20 Jump Rope Skips
10 Air Squats
-AMRAP in 12 min-
Leverage in Weightlifting Part 1
The Gene For Sweet
Normal Schedule today!
SWOD: Push-jerk (pause in dip) 4/4/4/4/4
1 Min KB Swings (53#/35#)
1 Min Sit-ups
1 Min Box Jumps (24"/20")
1 Min Rest
-4 rounds for total reps-
GPP in the Modern World
Trying to Keep Your Data Safe?
Open Gym Hours
6:30 AM-10:30 AM
4 PM-7 PM
Back to normal schedule on Friday. :)
SWOD: Sumo Deadlift 5/5/3/3/3
10 Ground to overhead (95#)
-3 rounds for time-
Rest 5 min
20 Air squats
-5 rounds for time-
Open Gym Hours
6:30 AM-10:30 AM
4 PM-7 PM
SWOD: Back Squat, build up to a 3 rep max
rest 5 min
Max. rep set Back Squat (use bodyweight)
Every Minute On the Minute (EMOM) for 10 min
Odd: 5 Strict Pull-ups | 5 Strict Push-ups
Even: 5 Deadlifts (225#/135#) | 30 Double unders (sub = 30 single...
A1) Dumbbell Bench Press
A2) Ring Rows (Adv. Elevated Ring Rows)
40 Goblet Squats (70#/53#)
40 Alternating Single Arm DB Power Snatch (53#/35#)
The CFMG Barbell Class begins today…
15 Wall Balls (20#/14#)15 Hang Power Cleans (135#/95#)800m Run12 Wall Balls (20#/14#)12 Hang Power Cleans (135#/95#)400m Run9 Wall Balls (20#/14#)9 Hang Power Cleans (135#/95#)200m Run
A Quick Guide To…